Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Punch

Have you ever scared someone by surprise? That kind of surprise where they definitely weren't expecting it? Anth took the kids to a McDonalds party this morning. The kids left one of the party blowers on the front seat. I don't know if that's the right term for them. I think in the party industry they're known as blowouts. Suffice to say, when you blow on them they make a loud honking sound.

All three kids were in the back of the car. Anth had gone back in the house to get Ethan's thongs. I picked up the blower just as she opened the car door. I blew on it as she went to sit down. Loudly. She jumped and said
"What the hell did you do that for? You scared the shit out of me!"

The only thing was that as she said it, her arm swung up and around, and she smacked me at the based of the shoulder in a full on punch. No mucking around. No how's your father. A straight up belting!

Ethan sat in the back seat crying, yelping "I'm scared. I'm scared." I don't know if it was me that frightened him, or the powerful might of his mother. Anth assured me it was because I'd frightened him as well. At least I know that if Anth ever was attempted to be mugged, she's sure as hell be able to fight off whoever was stupid enough to attempt it.

Ciao for Now, Ouchy Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Steve D. said...

Sounds like it'll be a while before your kids talk back to your wife.

Good stuff,
- Stevie D.

2:53 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

I scare easily. But I think I might have hit you too. :)

9:49 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

HEHEEHEHE. That's funny. All I do is scream when I get scared. My Mom hits though. We learned as little itty bitty kids to never ever either a) sneak up on her or b)wake her up. She accidently hit one of us with a clenched fist more than one time, she always felt HORRIBLE about it afterwards. You only have to have that happen to you ONCE as a kid and realize that it's never ever a good idea to startle ones Mommy. :)

5:06 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Beware, the power of a mother!!!

Carrie

6:25 pm  
Blogger Grim Reality Girl said...

Hilarious! Once again the power of Mom is displayed! Too funny!

12:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home