Friday, October 13, 2006

Baseball

Whilst in St Louis, the Baseball National League Championship playoffs are on. This is between the St Louis Cardinals and the New York Mets. Of course, because the St Louis team is in, there is a fair amount of activity going on around supporting the team. The guys I am with are keen to go out each evening, and tonight was another night at a bar, where the benefit is we did get to watch the game.

To me, Baseball is like Cricket. If you watch it whilst you drink beer, then it's considered the best game in the world. If there's no beer, it's boring as all get up. Its slow. The scores are low. There's this whole tactical element you need to understand, and it involves blokes running up and down or around a pitch. I know there's a lot of people out there who love it, but it doesn't really do it for me unless it's close.

I don't think our kids are likely to play baseball regularly in Australia. Although it does get played, I'm probably happier that they are playing soccer and doing Taekwondo. That doesn't mean they won't play Baseball, or Cricket, during their school years. When I was at school we got to play everything! I'm sure, however, that they'll get to watch it. Hopefully not in stinky, smoke filled bars, but possibly when they're much older, with golden amber!

Ciao for Now, Stinky Smoky Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grim Reality Girl said...

Angry Dad, please tell me you are cheering for the Tigers! Their games have been pretty exciting lately. I've been sick, so I have not been able to enjoy beer with the games -- this tells you the games have been pretty good for me to watch every minute without the benefit of beer. How about that? I like soccer better, but the Tigers have been good baseball as of late.

Go Tigers!

1:00 am  
Blogger carrie said...

Yup, baseball is sooo much better with beer, hotdogs and 12th row seats behind the hometeam's dugout!

It's the only way I'll watch one!

Carrie

1:29 am  
Blogger j.sterling said...

i love baseball!!!!!!!

3:15 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I agree with ya - it can be really really boring

6:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home