Sunday, October 08, 2006

Traveling Day

Today I get on a plane and do the long haul across the pond from Brisbane to Los Angeles. To say that the lead up to this day has been stressful for me would be an understatement. As I ate breakfast this morning, I read an article about To Do lists. I don't know about you, humble reader, but when I have to go off and do something not in my normal scheme of things, then I make up a number of to do lists to help me remember what not to forget!

At the moment, I have both a travel and a clothes list sitting in front of me. The travel has the obvious things like passport and tickets, whilst the clothes one reminds me I have to take jocks and socks. No doubt I'll still forget things. I'll run around like a blue-arse fly trying to get it right when I'm supposed to be walking out the door.

The interesting thing about the article was that it suggested that most things people put on multiple to do lists are actually never going to happen. You really only have one, which is the reactive one that you respond to in due course. You can talk all you want about planning and pre-conception of ideas, but even then you'll do your to do's as reactive to those plannings, and they still need to fit in with the what is most important framework. That framework is highly personal! I'll struggle on regardless. Obviously my need to get in my daily blog hasn't been stopped. God help me if it's number one on my to do's each day!

Ciao for Now, Traveling Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

So you ARE traveling....the mystery is solved

1:51 pm  
Blogger LBA said...

I am the lightest traveller in the world. Mainly through the realisation you never use half of what you pack.

I only forgot knickers once, and that was but on o'niter, so not so desperate ;)

7:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home