Thursday, September 28, 2006

Joey Jumper


While I was away last week, I got the opportunity to take this photo of a kangaroo with a Joey in its pouch. You can just make it out, with the little paws sticking out between the mother kangaroo's legs. The kangaroos around the resort are still wild, and won't let you pat them, but they are somewhat acclimatised to humans now due to the decline of their natural habitat in the area.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because Ethan has a stuffed toy Kangaroo called Joey Jumper. He came as part of a set, with mother, and joey together. Obviously, the joey fits in the mother's pouch as well. Once he got set free, he became Joey Jumper. Joey Jumper goes with Ethan to most places. He went with Ethan up to Grandma's for his stay there over the last few days. When I went to get him today, he got quite distraught that we might have left Joey Jumper behind until Grandma assured him he was safely tucked away in his bag.

I think Ethan must have gotten his love of stuffed animals from his mother, who has quite a large collection. He does have other favourites aside from Joey Jumper. These also include "Cosi" the stuffed Tiger and "Batty" the stuffed vampire bat. Although he has teddy bears, they aren't quite in the same league as these others.

Ciao for Now, Stuff Me Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

My 4 year old has been having trouble getting to sleep because of an onset of "fears". My fault for letting her listen to a book I was reading out loud to her older brother. Who knew that t-rex's with blood dripping form their teeth could bring on the "fears"? Anyhow, I bought her a new stuffed animal yesterday. A special "protector" monkey. She hasn't let him go and slept like a baby last night. Stuffed animals do have magical powers.

12:26 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

OMG I used to have a stuffed bat and I loved him!!!!!

3:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home