Monday, October 02, 2006

Still wasted after all these years

I'm still trying to overcome the effects of a long drive, a long day at work, and two exercise training sessions where I was pushed pretty hard. When I was younger it wouldn't have been a big deal. As I'm getting older, it feels like I've been run over by a freight train. At least these days I don't get into the grog to have the "drinker's hangover" like I used to!

When it was half time during the Grand Final, we all went outside to the block next door and kicked around the footy for 15 minutes. You've never heard as many whinging adults, me included, about how much pain they were in or how they'd have to go and get physio for their crook back or sore legs! When we were younger we could have played a whole match and not really complained.

I think as adults in this day and age, you have to have a level of fitness to keep up. That doesn't mean that you have to be stick thin, as I have friends who are well over their "recommended" body weight who remain very active. The main reason for this is kids. If you've got babies or toddlers, you're forever chasing them around. Once the kids hit school, then there are a raft of school and after school activities they want to get involved in. I know even with my absenteeism parenting, that there is a lot going on. Anth's forearms are like Popeyes because of all the carrying and running around she does. Now, if only I didn't have donuts for dinner, I'd probably lose these extra pounds from the exercise!

Ciao for Now, Donut Loving Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I have gotten back on my good habits this week after kind of slumping off for about a month.

I have also set a goal to run in the reindeer run in december...I have NEVER done this before....yikes

3:21 am  
Blogger carrie said...

I bet it was all worth it, though? And I have a feeling that the sedative effects of the donuts will earase the soreness of the muscles!!!

Carrie

4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home