Friday, September 29, 2006

Boy's Weekend

This weekend is the AFL Grand Final weekend. As is tradition, most of my mates from high school try to get together to watch the game. This year, we're doing it in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales. It is a major exercise, with a number of people coming in from Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Singapore. We have all been friends for over 20 years now, although we're pretty dispersed at the moment.

I've made the mistake of deciding to drive down to meet everyone. That means that today's activities will include a 9 hour drive down the coast road from Brisbane. This will be repeated on the return journey on Sunday. And at the moment, I'm stupidly staying up late as I had some work e-mails to catch up on. As it has run into Friday, I figured I could get my "next day" post in late at night!

Trust me, I know. For 3 days out with the boys I owe Anth Big Time.

Ciao for Now, the man with no hand Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

It's worth it to meet up with your buddies from school. It takes a lot of effort -- but it's soooo nice to see the folks who knew you when. I'd love to see my buddies from school more often, but there are babies and husbands and dogs and housework and on and on and on. I think it's great you all have stuck to this tradition.

--Kelly

3:40 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

I second what Kelly said. It's worth the effort. All the good things in life are, right? (I hope).

Lisa

3:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home