Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Standing Boy

Callum is now moving into the realm of standing by himself. It can only be a short time until he's walking and then running around. We've been catching him all of this week momentarily finding his feet. This evening, as I sat on the floor, he was standing and holding on to me and then something would take his interest and he would pivot to see what the next exciting adventure held. However, instead of squatting back down and crawling into a new position, he would remain standing and slowly move his feet around. Often, he'd let go of me and use his own balance.

Once I realised what he was doing, I went and grabbed the camera. Then it was a matter of waiting until the appropriate moment to get him as he tried to walk over to me. He did! Although it looks like someone might be holding his hand, I can assure you that I wasn't. Rather, he was trying to grab a hold of me and took a brief step to do it before he fell over.

There is some danger in this new found adventure. This evening the time spent not trying to stand up was spent picking up all manner of toys and trying to hit either me or Ethan with them... in the head. I don't know where this behaviour has come from. Tonight I got hit with two of his puzzle piece toys, a matchbox car, and the kitchen favourite - the frying pan. Fortunately for me (and Ethan) its a toy frying pan. It still hurts when you get smacked in the head with it.

Ciao for Now, Head Ringing Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Ahh yes - he will be walking (running) soon.....

Can you believe Toby is gonna be 8 on Sunday!?! They grow up so fast

12:27 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

That is an adorable picture. He looks soooo proud of himself!!!

3:35 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

He looks so proud of himself. Yes, running will soon happen.

I think the throwing is a phase. Mine did it too. I think it's that they have just realized they can throw and are impressed with it.

4:54 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Oh, he is so cute!

--kelly

5:47 am  
Blogger LBA said...

Aww - Go Callum !! :))

8:47 pm  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

he is just so cute!

m

3:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home