Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hotel Rooms

The Hotel we are staying at is a business oriented hotel during the week, but on weekends it turns into a haven for families and wedding services. As I've wandered around today I've seen a wealth of families and people all dressed up. I've never seen so many shiny shoes and garish pink dresses! I guess the fall in St Louis must be a good time to squeeze in a wedding before it gets too cold.

It's funny seeing kids running around. I've yet to come across a kid who does lift bingo, but I'm sure they're doing it. The lifts are open glass, which face out into the large atrium of the hotel. You can stand on the balcony facing into the atrium and watch groups of kids moving up and down the lifts from one floor to another. I managed to sleep in a little this morning, so I avoided the mad rush for breakfast. They have a big traffic light chart which warns against going down to the breakfast area between 9:00 - 10:30am due to the 1 hour wait time.

I'm sure my kids would like it here. They could run around everywhere. There are lots of other kids to interact with. There's a swimming pool, and enough open spaces around that they wouldn't get too much in our hair. On top of that, I'd have a good reason to go down to Six Flags and ride around in the theme park with them. I can't seem to convince the grown ups I'm with to go there. They prefer adult theme parks of smoky bars!

Ciao for Now, Hotel Boy Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Aw, sounds like you miss the kids. I know how you feel. Went out to dinner last night on a date night, to a place that for whatever reason had a LOT of kids. I couldn't help but think how much my kid would have loved it.

Lisa

12:33 pm  
Blogger Kristin said...

Oh my kids love glass elevators... especially when someone below catches their eye and waves!

1:11 pm  
Blogger LBA said...

Aww .. you are so homesick ;)

I'd prefer to be at 6-Flags too...

8:48 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

CUTE! you do sound homesick. We went away this weekend for our anniversary and I missed the kids the whole time. GEEZ. What is wrong with us Angry Dad?? :)

12:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home