Monday, October 16, 2006

Touring St Louis


What do you do when you haven't been to St Louis (much) before? You go up the Arch. We travelled down into the city today, at the same time that there was an football game on. It would have been good to see an NFL game, but we didn't have tickets. So instead we went to the Arch!

This was quite cool. We were waiting for another colleague to meet up with us, so we walked around the base of the park, as well as seeing squirrels. The novelty of the squirrel never wears off for me. So what if they're rabid little gerbils, they're still cool! The thing about the Arch is that you can get a different perspective of it from so many places. It is also visible from a fair way out of the city, and I would imagine it changes its look depending on the weather as well.

Once inside, we walked around the Lewis and Clark Museum, the explorers most notably associated with St Louis. I love that there is a Simpson's moment for everything - in that my memory was sparked by Sacagawea, which was referenced in Margical History Tour. Lisa played Sacagawea, the Indian woman who travelled on the exploratory journey. We also took the tram tour up to the top of the arch. Although it wasn't a Six Flag's Rollercoaster, it was claustrophobic, and the view from the top was amazing!



Ciao for Now, Archie Angry Dad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I went up in that thing once and had to sit and cover my eyes most of the way. I couldn't handle it. ;)

7:58 am  
Blogger LBA said...

I love squirrels too ;)

8:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home