Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Club Hand

Have you ever been unexpectedly belted in the head at 3:00am? In a past life, this may have happened when I was coming home after a hard night on the turps, and I managed to upset some other yokel with my charming nature. These days, its the kids that attack me.

At 3:00am in the morning, I got king hit whilst I was asleep. I woke up thinking "What the f*ck was that?" as I writhed around trying to figure out where the hell I was. Then it struck again, a small, paw like club, swung from on high to strike at the temple. Callum was awake, and utilising his club hand, he obviously was trying to get someone's attention. It worked. What do you say to a kid that does that to you, especially a seven month old baby with a king hit that would be the envy of Mike Tyson?

Callum seems to be developing a mighty strong physicality. This evening, sitting on the couch watching telly, he decided that it would be a fun idea to try to rip my ear off. We were both sitting there, apparently happy, and then he just went for it, digging his little claws into my ears whilst at the same time pulling with all his might. I now have a nice scar for life down one side of my neck. Ok, I exaggerate a little, but sheesh, that's what it felt like.

I don't think there's anything I can do at the moment. We have to trim back his fingernails, and perhaps its my time to start thinking about sleeping out on the spare bed. I can't take the violence anymore.

Ciao for Now, Physically Abused by a Baby Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh that is too funny but I know exactly what you mean!

I am back in MN....its been a long trip - 22 hours straight in the truck....ummm where is my beer???

10:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home