Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mucked up brain songs

Tonight whilst Anth was cleaning up after dinner, and Callum was sitting on my lap, Aidan rocked up into the kitchen and began singing.
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
How I wonder what you are.
Like a donut in the blah.
Ee I Ee I Ohhhhh.

Well, it started off ok. If there wasn't something not quite about Aidan's brain, I'm sure he would be very musically talented. Even as it is, he loves singing and dancing, and can hold a tune. He also has an amazing capacity to remember tunes and songs, and be able to vocalise along with songs on the radio that he probably only has heard once or twice. However, getting the words right is another matter!

One of his favourite, and most annoying songs, is called the Blah song. This basically consists of him sitting outside on his tri-cycle going "Blah Blah Blah, Blah Blah Blah" to variations of kids nursery rhymes, or whatever tune he has in his head on that particular day. I'm sure the neighbours just love it!

Ciao for Now, MMMmmm Donut in the Sky Angry Dad.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Interesting that he is showing musical ability - perhaps music lessons (piano, etc) may help his development??? You never know - you may have a prodigy on your hands :)

10:42 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

That is actually what I was going to say too, cheeky. It's also comforting and could help him concentrate. Just an idea. Well, it was just Cheeky's idea....but I agree! LOL

10:56 pm  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

Do I ever wish there were donuts in the sky! That shows real talent you know, being able to make up new words for songs that fit in without changing the melody...

12:02 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Maybe he's a musical proidgy?? How ever you spell that word. you know what I mean.

1:17 am  
Blogger j.sterling said...

LOL- tooooo cute!!!!!

2:00 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

truly, i think that donuts should be mentioned in every song...

2:50 am  
Blogger Bonnie B said...

Does he like to make up songs other than the Blah song? I love it when kids make up songs. I can just hear his blah song.
Kids are a crack up.
It's great that he can carry a tune.

3:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home