Friday, May 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Anth!

Today was Anth's ummm.. well, as she says, she just turned 29 again... Birthday. I hope she's had a good day! It began, as all days do recently, with the Appendage turning up the volume to wake us all up. The morning was also punctuated by Ethan telling us that Anth couldn't open her presents until we had cake, so we had to have cake for breakfast. There was no cake, but there were almost tears! Cake would come later.

Anth was fortunate to have her friends Sharon and Brenda take her out for a city lunch. My Mum and Dad came down to look after Callum, and make sure that the kids all got home from school without problems as well. I had to get a cake on the way home, so when I finally got home after my cake search, we sat around, blew out the candles on the cake, and opened presents.

One of the presents I got Anth was Kathy Lette's book, "How to Kill Your Husband." From the looks of this picture, it would seem that I've given her a manual for how to do it. Look how excited she is, and that glint in her eye says "Just you wait, big boy..." and it ain't because of any innuendo either. Should I wear my protective chain mail vest to bed lest she stabs me? Me thinks not. And no, as kinky as it would be, I don't have a chain mail vest.

To top it off, Mum and Dad let me take Anth out for dinner, so we went out to the city, to West End, and had a nice Mediteranean meal at a Greek restaurant. So all up, it may not have been the most memorable birthday, but a good one none the less!

Ciao for Now, Not Dead Yet Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Anth!!
And your a very brave Angry Dad for giving that present!

11:08 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Happy Birthday Anth!!! I hope you had a wonderful day!!!

Oh - and let me know if that book has some good pointers (hehe)

11:12 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Yeah, let me know if the book is worth buying and reading or not! :) It sounds like you both had a great day. :) :)

6:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home