Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bust A Move in the Supermarket

Tonight Ethan, Callum and I had to go to the supermarket to get some of the daily staples: bread, milk, and chocolate. I had Callum attached as the Appendage to my hip, so I asked Ethan to carry the hand basket to gather the food. The crazy thing about our local Supermarket is that they seem to have lowered the meat and dairy fridges to near zero temperature levels, so as soon as you walk in in shorts and a T-Shirt you become ice cold!

So we grabbed our bread, got the milk and headed down to the Deli counter to get some sandwich meat. As we arrived, and I ordered some ham for tomorrow's lunches, Ethan started complaining about being cold.

"Dad. Its cold."
"So move around a bit."
"Move around? How?"
"Dance!" (Note: If it had been Aidan, I would have added "Monkey Boy" - in joke!)
"No no no. I need to run."
"You can't run with that basket. But you can dance."
"Show me."

So with that, I started doing my worst imatation of The Twist, with Callum swaying on my hip. Of couse, then Ethan responded with "No no no. It's like this."

He then started Busting moves that Snoop Dogg would have been proud of. He had the hands going, the hips wobbling, the legs knocking, even a bit of robot thrown in for good measure. The young girl who was trying to serve us nearly had a fit, laughing so hard, but it was pretty special.

Now, if you're going to Bust a Move in the Supermarket, it may not be cool to be as frozen as Vanilla Ice. I think Ethan would match him any day.

Ciao for Now, Poppin' Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

This one had me rolling!

Chocolate as a staple? Woohoo!

It appears you have a little performer on your hand! I bet you made the deli clerk's day

10:13 pm  
Blogger j.sterling said...

LMFAO! BWAHAHAH- that is awesome!!! you are a non angry, cool dad!!!
i love that chocolate is a staple! HA!

2:06 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

very cool Dad indeed. i am gonna remember that one for the next time by kids whine they are cold. It may not be appropriate in church though, hmmm...

6:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home