Friday, April 28, 2006

Brains and Imagination

"What are you doing?"
"My brain is talking to me, and I'm just listening."

Ethan went through a stage of talking to his brain in the third person. It was like a separate entity which controlled everything that he did, and that he had to listen to, or talk to, to try to get it to do what he wanted. Sometimes it would tell him to be naughty, and he'd have to stop it, or it would tell him to go to bed and have a rest, and he would listen to it.

I thought Ethan was unique in this aspect, but in a chat with a colleague at work, he outlined that his daughter has a similar scenario, except its her imagination that's giving her grief. He said that at the moment she's walking around their house with a disheveled look saying "I've lost my Imagination!"

This came to a head for him when on an outing at the local shops she leant forward to one of the shopkeepers and said "I'm losing my imagination. Its up here in my head."

The shopkeeper apparently acknowledged with a smile. She then started touching the top of her head, and then lent forward, admonishing the shopkeeper to "Just Feel it. It's my Imagination!"

I guess that the concepts of what your brain does when you're a kid isn't as tarnished as when your an adult. I can tell you now that both of these kids have ample brains and ample imagination, so I don't know what they're worried about! You only lose it as adults!!

Ciao for Now, Brainless and Unimaginative Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh this one had me rolling! Especially about losing the imagination - it take a great one to come up with that!

1:13 am  
Blogger j.sterling said...

omg.. i am cracking up! i still think he's unique.. blake has never said anything like that. that would crack me up forever!!!!!

2:39 am  
Blogger Jenn said...

That is funny!!
Sorry, dad....don't yell at ME, it's my BRAIN that's being bad!

3:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home