Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Teething.

It finally caught up with me. It has been coming since waiting up until 2:00am on Saturday night/Sunday morning to see whether the Beaconsfield Miners would be rescued that evening (they weren't, but thankfully were out on Tuesday). I have had a number of late nights over the past few days, but last night teething really kicked in.

Callum's first tooth came through over the weekend, and he's exhibiting all the classic symptoms of teething. He gets grumpy at times, and he also is drooling like a leaky tap. Anything he grabs ends up in his gob for a chew. We have been giving him teething rusks, and he likes chowing down on them. Wednesday, the dog, also likes them as snack treats.

Suffice to say, it hasn't been so nice with our current sleeping arrangements. Yes, Callum is still in the bed with us. With these teething sessions I think we were woken up every half an hour last night. With teething, it isn't just a punch in the face wake up. Its a horrible moan, a wail, tears and then scream crying until a nipple is shoved in his gob. Gee my nipples are sore. That's because Anth tweaks mine to show me what it feels like when "one tooth" latches on.

So today, after minimal sleep, I couldn't take it any more. I was a zombie for the first part of the morning after getting up at 6:30am. I tried to make an effort to go to work, but by 8:00am I was more or less incoherent. I rang in sick, which I effectively was, and then slept until lunchtime. Anth then had the afternoon sleep shift whilst I looked after Groucho Marx. Hopefully, we can now make it to the weekend.

Ciao for Now, Tooth-Hurty Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

{{hugs}} teething sucks!

Good for you for taking the day off and getting rest and then giving Anth a break in the afternoon.

Hopefully, it will get better soon.

10:39 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

UGH, teething does SUCK. With two older boys I am sure you already know all the tricks..the frozen wash cloth, a frozen spoon, a nice dose of children's sleepy meds for baby, a shot of vodka for Mom and Dad, that numz it teething gel stuff, the teething tablets from the health food store, more vodka for Mom & Dad, and lastly something for Baby to chew on besides Mama???

3:38 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

OUCH, I never want to feel what "one tooth latching on" feels like.

1:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home