Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Things Kids Do


Today I was on a training course, and I was speaking with one of the attendees about the things kids get up to when everything goes quiet. He told me how the other night, his son had been playing in his own room, when things went quiet. He turned to his wife with a quizzical look, and then apparently dashed into the room to find his son quite happily pointing to all the pictures on the wall he'd drawn with a permanent marker pen.

I told him I could top it. We had taken the kids to one of our friends house, where Ethan and their son went down to play in the downstairs cubby house. Things went quiet. We all dashed down to discover that they had found the sump oil which had been drained from one of the cars, and unfortunately left on the side of their car port. Both boys were covered from top to toe in oil, and had also tried to get it off by running through all the washing hanging on the line. Boy, was my mate in trouble after they scrubbed the oil off them.

In a similar vein, but not quite as destructive, was what Aidan did as a younger child. He used to eat Anth's lipstick, until he found a better use for it. He thought that to put it on, you mushed it in your hand, and then rubbed it all over your face. So here is a collection of the photos we managed to get of this one. Notice how it really does make him look like the son of a Devil, which I guess makes me the Devil! I better pull out my Black Sabbath records again!!

Ciao for Now, Satanic Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

These are truly great photos. He looks so happy and proud of himself. It is amazing what kids can get themselves into - but its great to be able to laugh about it as well.

10:53 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

HAHAHAHAHA those pictures are priceless!! I guess that's one of those times where you want to yell but instead you laugh and get the camera.

12:26 am  
Blogger j.sterling said...

OMG! LMFAO! classic!!!!!

3:16 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

oy. I hope it wasn't super duper expensive lipstick. And that it was discontuined when she went to buy more. the oil story was priceless though. EeEK. What a mess....

11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home