Saturday, October 21, 2006

Going Home Tonight!

We leave this evening. We fly out of St Louis via Los Angeles for the the long haul back down to Brisbane, Australia. I've enjoyed my time here, but I can't wait to get home. Its funny, as we've had a few discussions amongst the fellow travelers who have referred to the Hotel we've been staying at as home. There are comments going around like "After we go to the pub, we'll go back home." Home to me isn't the hotel.

Home is where my family is. As cliched as it sounds, home is where the heart is. Yeah, I know I sound like a sentimental wanker, but when I travel I know its what I believe. I can't wait to see them all, although we get in around 6:00am in the morning, so I'll be sneaking into the house after getting a taxi from the airport. I bet Anth's gonna get a shock when I throw all my crap into the bedroom and wake her up. I have to remember not to wake the kids up before their normal wake up time!

Work is work. A hotel is a hotel. Home is family. Period.

Ciao for Now, Travellin' Home Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grim Reality Girl said...

Wishing you a safe journey home. Hotels never are called my home either -- isn't it great to get home after a long trip? My kids always seem more loving when they have had time to miss me!

6:03 am  
Blogger carrie said...

Don't forget to bring a little chocolate to your wife when you wake her up with your suitcases! :)

Happy Homecoming!!!

Carrie

7:32 am  
Blogger LBA said...

Oh so sweet !!

4:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I found you on Carrie's comments! How exciting that you're on your way home! I hope we were kind to you in the US!

3:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home