Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Nana Nap

I decided today that I was going to attempt have a junk free day. This meant no chocolate, no chocolate cake, no chocolate mousse, no coke, and an attempt to drink far more water than I have. I didn't sleep too well last night, and woke up feeling a bit seedy, hence the decision on the health route. I actually did it as well, having a healthy oat breakfast with fruit, a turkey and salad sandwich for lunch, and steak and vegies for dinner. Not a french fry in sight!

That was probably part of the reason that towards the middle of the day, I got a headache, and by late afternoon before we were about to leave work my stomach was churning. It was calling out for all of the delicious treats that seem to be part of the American way of life. Well, the part of life for those who live out of a suitcase in a hotel! In the hotel, we saw two people carrying 40 ounce (almost 2 litre) travel "cups" of Sprite. What is up with that? Do you really need to drink 2 litres of Coke or Sprite or Soda over the course of the day? Do you really need to carry it with you?! That didn't make me feel any better.

So back to the hotel room, and I undertook the traveller's support activity, the Nana Nap. This reflects the activity that Grandma's, or Nana's do, at the drop of a hat when they get old. It basically means nodding off for a refreshing kip in a quick time. I laid down in the hotel bed, and tried to watch television, but went out like a light. I got a reminder call half an hour later to get up, but I promptly fell back to sleep for an hour. I feel much better for it!

Ciao for Now, God Bless You Nana Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Old Man! lol

3:35 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

You are funny. I don't know that I can trust anybody who gives up choclate, soda, or french fries on a voluntary basis. :) Hehe. Hope you are feeling better.

12:17 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

You will feel better in a couple days, it's like detox right now and pretty soon you'll be surprised that you don't have those french fry cravings as strong as before.

Now, the trick is not falling into the habit again! Good luck!

Carrie

ps. I am jealous, I want a Nana nap!

9:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home