Thursday, October 19, 2006

No Scars

Ever since I got here in the U.S. I have constant terrible reminders of Ethan and how I attempted to terrify him at a theme park. I can be sitting in a meeting, and in my head I can hear his shrill cry for "Mummy" and it sends shivers up my spine. I think I might be having more nightmares about it than he did.

So this evening, when I rang Anth up, I had to make sure he was alright. Anth assures me that he is, and that he hasn't had any nightmares. As a matter of fact, other than for a few days after it happened, it would seem he's barely thought about it again. And here I am thinking I'd scarred him for life, and knowing that I did a terrible thing by taking him on the ride, but he's fine.

The funny thing is, Anth knows how scary the ride he went on was. She was in the school yard when Ethan was explaining it to some of the other kids, telling them how scary it was. Their comebacks were along the lines of "Oh, I went on the flume ride, and that was really scary." or "I went on the dodgems, and got so scared when someone bumped me." She felt like going up to them and saying, "Listen Buddies, you DON'T know scared. Ethan KNOWS scared!"

Ciao for Now, Still Guilty Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I don't know, I still have nightmares about Mr. Toad's wild ride at disneyland because of my dad when I was 3. And even now, 23 years later I can't look at toads in hats without getting the chills. My therapist says it's getting better though.

;)

8:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home