Saturday, October 28, 2006

If I had 5 kids...

Today I had a glimpse into what it would be like to have 5 kids. Anth's best friend Paula from High School came to visit with her family. She has 2 boys. We have 3. We spent the day up at one of the Bay Beaches, and then returned to our house in the late afternoon. That's when Anth said she wanted to go and have some "time alone" with Paula to catch up in quiet.

What does that mean? Well, that means that David and I had to look after all the boys. I'm not saying that we're bad father's, but lets face it, both Paula and Anth are the main care-givers in our respective families. We had a 1 year old, a 20 month old, a 4 year old, a 7 year old, and a 10 year old. I don't know how people with more than 3 kids do it.

In the main, all the kids as a whole were pretty good. Its those individual whiney moments that get you. I mean, when I started whining, David just got this look on his face of "Will you just shut the hell up." But I couldn't help it. I had Callum screaming for a bottle, Ethan crying because he'd stubbed his toe or got a paper cut, and Aidan running around saying "Where's Mummy. Where's Mummy?" His kids were angels. I think it was the shock of the new that kept them well behaved. Phew, how relieved was I when Anth got back from getting her coffee.

Ciao for Now, Prophylactics from now on Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

"Prophylactics from now on . . ." that was funny!

Next time, leave the 10 year-old in charge, kick back and have a Fosters! (kidding);)

Carrie

4:04 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

"I mean, when I started whining, David just got this look on his face of "Will you just shut the hell up.""
Oh Angry Dad, you crack me up!

My friend Candace has 2 kids and when we all get together we have 4 and that's bad enough. It feels like a HELL of a lot like more than 4 kids though, let me tell you.
And yeah, there is no better birth control than being around a whole bunch of little kids in my humble opinion, even if they're good kids. Anybody who spends an afternoon with my boys would pray that they were sterile from this point forward, let me tell ya. :)

4:05 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

i prefer getting out my whip when surrounded by that many children, but hey thats just me.

m

10:49 am  
Blogger LBA said...

carrie - the Fosters we get here is undrinkable, and nothing like the Export variety. No self-respecting Aussie would touch the stuff !!

And yes, I can imagine the whining. Did Anth slap you upside the head on her return ? I would have :)

9:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home