Monday, October 23, 2006

Teeth and Pupil Free Days

Today Anthea had a morning dentist appointment. As it was also a Pupil Free Day at both the kid's schools, I decided to take the day off. Anth had had a sore tooth whilst I was away, but with no one to easily look after Callum, she decided to wait until I got back. She now needs a root canal. Ouch.

It was good to have a day off after all the travel. We ended up having a very busy day. We went and looked at the new extension to the local large shopping centre, where another 100 odd shops have been added. We then went to the local coffee shop, where I managed to slam Ethan's hand into the car door. He recovered, but that wasn't to be his first injury of the day. We also fixed our insinkerator, cleaned up the pool, and took Ethan to AFL AusKick.

It was also to be my first session back for Taekwondo, which means I'm going to be stiff tomorrow. Ethan's second injury came here, where he slipped over as he went to kick a floor, and fell on his backside. I heard his howl, and had to rush over and make sure he was alright. He again recovered, but tomorrow I know he's going to have a bruised hand, and a bruised behind.

Ciao for Now, Full Day and Tuckered Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Over here they call them in-service days, which is really teacher code for sleeping in on a Monday and talking about how funny it is for us to have to take off work.

7:17 am  
Blogger carrie said...

HOORAY for Callum walking! I forgot to say that below, but that's great! Go baby Go!

Sounds like you had a busy day, busy Dad!

Carrie

12:59 pm  
Blogger LBA said...

I'm a veteran of the root canal.
Hopefully it's not too late to go to the chemist, but you will need a painkiller with "Forté" after it, and red wine to wash it down with.

No, I am not a Doctor.

6:28 pm  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

You are nice to take the day off to help!Hope the root canal isn't too painful for Anth. Ugh.

Lisa

9:41 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

"insinkerator", what is that?

And root canal? EWWWW. Are dentists as expensive over there as they are here? Do you have free health care? I don't even know. I had to have a root canal AND a crown put on and it was over $800 after the insurance paid. And it was painful. OWWWWW. I hope Anth has recovered.

4:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home