Sunday, October 22, 2006

First Class

Hey, it's good, to be back home again. John Denver got it right sometimes. It was so nice to land in Brisbane, get off the plane, get a taxi home, and be greeted at the front door by Aidan and Ethan, with Callum walking (yes, walking) up to me! Anth even got up and gave me a kiss! Although it was a reasonably early flight in, apparently Aidan had gotten most of the family up at 5:30am in expectation that I'd be home with his Blue's Clues video.

Gifts were dispersed. Anth got her nice two bottles of Baileys. Ethan got a plane set, Aidan got his Blue's Clues and all the boys got some more Novelty T-Shirts. You can't beat "My Dad went to L.A. and all he got me was this crappy T-Shirt..." can you! We spent most of the day just relaxing and catching up, with a nice side trip out to the shops and to one of the Forest Parks just outside the city. I spent most of the day also trying to stay awake, but I did get in some Nana Naps.

One good thing on the flight home, was that I managed to get an upgrade to First Class. It reminded me of The Airport episode of Seinfeld where Jerry got his upgrade, and Elaine got stuck down in cattle class. It was great. The seats lie flat into beds. You get waited on for whatever you want. I was in seat 2, at the real pointy end of the plane. Sometimes it pays to be nice rather than Angry. Maybe I should change my moniker.

Ciao for Now, Then Again Maybe I won't change my moniker Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger j.sterling said...

FIRST CLASS ROCKS!!! you look so smiley! love it!

3:33 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

that sounds dreamy. Go Nice Dad! Glad you are home and happy.

Lisa

3:48 am  
Blogger LBA said...

That's funny ( and a wee bit spooky ), as my DH got upgraded on his return trip from the States too. Apparently he & his colleague were the only 2 Frequent Flier cardholders in the whole of economy !!

I got upgraded once on a UK flight, and I felt like a Rock Star ( and how awesome is the food ! - Neil Perry, you rock ! :)

8:38 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Yeah, first class! Awesome. i have been bumped up a few times in my life and it's AWESOME. AWESOME I tell you. :)

Welcome home!

1:34 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Yeah for 1st class!!! And yeah for getting your wife those bottles of Bailey's, she deserves them! Cheers!

You look so happy there, lounging in the posh part of the plane, oh what a life!

Carrie

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home