Thursday, May 18, 2006

Pain.

Tonight, at Taekwondo training, I suffered pain. It wasn't that short sharp pain that you get when you overdo something, and you know it instantaneously. This crept up on me over the course of the whole session, and became most prevalent at the end as we did our line up. Its a stiffness across my lower back that is now just aching. I suspect its because of being cardiovascularly unfit, but I hope it doesn't stay around too long.

Callum had his share of pain this week. He got his 6 month injections. Ok, so they were a little late, but that isn't really a problem. So he has been a little grizzly over the course of the past few days. He can't really "tell" us what the pain is like, but he does make up for it with the crying, and the need to be constantly held!

Wednesday too is in some pain. Hers is the pain of old age. She is now 12 years old, which is quite old for a dog, although she should hopefully live to around 15 or 16. She is now on anti-inflammatory drugs which do seem to help, but she definitely isn't a puppy anymore, and you can tell that it is getting uncomfortable for her in certain positions.

All up though, I don't think any of us are feeling the pain a lizard felt about half an hour ago. I had stumbled outside in the dark to put the bins out. I felt a horrible sluggy sensation underfoot. After I jumped about a metre into the air, I went back inside to check out what I thought was either a giant slug or a snake. Neither. There was a poor old lizard there, looking somewhat the worse for wear, but still alive. I bet he or she is in pain, though. Ouch.

Ciao for Now, Squishy Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Lower back pain is the pits - hope you feel better soon.

Poor lizzy....lol

11:19 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Awww poor leezard.

3:31 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

ewww... yucky squishy lizard on shoe!

i pour the liquid glucosamine on my dog's food... she is 13 and it helps a lot with the stiff doggy joints!

10:45 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Oy, the lower back pain is the WORST. Try a ice pack and some sort of anti inflamatery meds. I like Gin. :)

12:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home