Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Trouble comes in threes...

Well, you guessed it, after having Aidan sick, and then Callum sick, guess who got sick next. Yep, that'd be Ethan. He's got another one of those fun illnesses, diarrhoea. Look, I've even provided a link for you so you can investigate its intricacies for yourself. Fortunately, I've missed out on clean up duties in that arena, but Anth hasn't. I did, however, have to put up with the screwed up face when I tried to dispense medicine to him this evening. Hopefully it will help settle his stomach.

To top the evening off, when I picked up Callum after dinner, I managed to squeeze his poo out of his nappy, all up his back and down his pants, and all over my arms. Gee I'm glad he's not blocked up anymore. Dry wretch. At least he is definitely feeling better, and Aidan is as chipper as ever, so its not all bad.

To that end, life can be pretty good. I've had a remarkably lucky month with lots of things going right. It also amazes me that at this time of year in Brisbane, where we are meant to be coming into our Autumn season, how much flowering occurs in the garden. As much as I liked Autumn in Melbourne, where you'd get all the colour as the trees lost their leaves, in Brisbane you get a whole different splash of colour. My personal favourite is the Bird of Paradise, but for smell, you can't beat a Frangipani.



Midnight Oil wrote about it best in one of their early songs, Koala Sprint.
It’s mile after mile on the long coast road
Smell of frangipani ocean sky blue


Ciao for Now, Flowery Angry Dad.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Poor Ethan - hopefully it stops there!

Nice flowers - I was just working out in my flower garden last night - they aren't taking off like they should.

Midnight Oil? Wow I haven't heard them in a long time!

10:00 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Very pretty flowers. I hope you are all well in the Angry Dan household as of today!

2:43 am  
Blogger j.sterling said...

awww- i hope everyone feels better!
gorgeous flower!

2:51 am  
Blogger j.sterling said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:51 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

Ah,Frangipani in Australia and Plumeria in Hawaii (I used to tell people that was my name)... beautiful!

9:30 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

beautiful flower :)

i HATE when poop squishes out, also hate those "up the back ones" ugh. hope you are all well soon!

one of my sisters in laws brags how she only uses ONE wipe to clean a dirty bum, like she deserves a reward of something. I used half a pack of wipes, still after 3 kids! LOL!

m

9:41 am  
Blogger carrie said...

Looks like you all are on the tail end (no pun intended) of the illness. Hope the weekend yields to relaxing, non-puking days and poopie-free nights! At least you still have your sense of humor!!

7:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home