Monday, May 22, 2006

Vomit II. The Spew Baby.

Normally I wouldn't write about such a disgusting subject as this twice within a week, but we had quite a memorable evening and morning, so why not share it? Are sequels better than the original, or worse?

This morning, I was woken up to a coughing sound at exactly 3:33AM. That was quickly followed by that whooshing sound we know and love, and then the feeling of dampness. All over the bed. Neither Anth nor I was immune. So we both had to get up. Clean ourselves off. Clean baby Callum off. Change the sheets. Change the pillowcases. And then get back to bed, and try to get back to sleep. Fast forward to 5:50AM. Anth woke me up saying, can you turn the radio on so we make sure we get up on time? I responded that the alarm was set for 10 minutes later, so I wouldn't turn it on.

At 7:30AM we both woke up. The radio had been turned down. No alarm. Shit. Everything was now running late. Anth got up and organised Aidan ready for school. Callum was awake and chipper. Ethan slept. We put Callum down on a doona in our kitchen. Anth took his nappy off, as he needed nappy free time.

Now at this point, I should point out another gross fact, and you'll understand why in a minute if you read on. Callum hasn't done a proper poo in 3 days. He's been blocked up. That may have been the reason for the evening spew, but I think he's just got a bug. When she put him down, Anth warned that we'd have to keep an eye on him. She went off to dress Aidan. I went off to make the lunches. Five minutes later on my return, there was our beautiful son, swimming around in a nice brown puddle.

I can stomach vomit, but not stinky poo. It makes me dry wretch. So as I'm screaming "Wipes, Wipes" I'm trying not to bring up the third in the Trilogy, Vomit III. Anth came in, and started hysterically laughing at the site of me holding poo baby at arms length, yelling for wipes, and trying not to choke. I'm not sure if she was laughing at me, or just out of psychosis. (She assures me she's laughing with me, but I wasn't laughing). We managed to wipe him down, and get him into a bath, along with doing the appropriate clean up to get rid of the smell. With all this, I was late to work.

Tonight, I decided I'd go and see The DaVinci Code, so I got ready to go to the late session. The second I was about to walk out the door, Callum woke up from his slumber in Anth's arms, and proceeded to throw up all over her. Like I said, he must have a bug, or he just doesn't want me to leave. We again had to clean him up, her up, shower him and her, and get them changed. It didn't end up slowing me up too much, and I still took in the film, but I had to spend most of it not putting my hands anywhere near my face, as the stench of sickness ran deep on these today!

Ciao for Now, The Foulest Stenches in the Air Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh no! I am laughing with you too because I have been there done that!

When Char was little - Dennis had just come back from sea and was spending some time with her - I went out for the day. When I got back the house stunk. I was then informed that Char had a wet poopy diaper and as he went to get a new one she crawled from one end of the house to the other - leaking the entire way! Yeah!- I laughed too!

12:50 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh! What did you think about the movie?

12:51 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

OH Man, I am laughing. I am sorry I don't mean to laugh. It's just that we have been there done that. And well, reading about it just makes me laugh. Sorry. I hope you are all feeling better soon! And can I suggest some nice strong smelling candles??! :)

How did you like "davinci code"? I am so curious.

2:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home