Thursday, June 15, 2006

Excuse me, while I Kiss This Guy!

It is easy to mistake song lyrics. There is a whole web site dedicated to this, as per the title of this post. I had this experience tonight. I have been listening a lot to our local community radio station, 4ZZZ FM. This gives me an alternative to lots of ads, and a lot of the same commercial songs. On Thursday nights, they have "Ska Trek", where they play a lot of Ska and Reggae music.

This was the lyric I thought I heard, when I first heard the chorus. I'm paraphrasing here, because I can't find the exact lyrics:
Cuddles, I need 3 Cuddles.
My girlfriend's sister just turned sixteen.
Cuddles, I need 3 Cuddles.
My girlfriend's mother's getting fresh with me.

I thought "How sweet." Obviously, the writer was thinking about his girlfriend, and to stop him thinking amorous thoughts about his girlfriend's family, all he needed was 3 cuddles. Sucker. As I listened to more of the verses of the song, where he describes what his girlfriends family is like, and going to the chemist and needing certain types of prophylactics, it soon became obvious that the lyrics are more along the lines of:
Condoms, I need 3 Condoms.
My girlfriend's sister just turned sixteen.
Condoms, I need 3 Condoms.
My girlfriend's mother's getting fresh with me.

He was getting amorous, with intentions to get a whole lot more! I laughed out loud once I realised how messed up I was with my original take on the lyrics. The band is called "BeNUTS", and their tongue in cheek album is called "Sex Sells". They appear to be Germans, but sing their songs in English. It's got to be a remedy to listening to Britney doesn't it?!

Ciao for Now, Skatalite Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I have seen a day calendar that has messed up lyrics for each day - its amazing how many there are.

I am pretty good - but I have been guilty once or twice...hehe

11:25 pm  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Wow, imagine if a song about three cuddles actually got air play -- and it wasn't by Raffi.

Lisa

4:31 am  
Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Straight up. My son thinks the Black Eyed Peas Song "No,no,no,no..don't mess with my heart" is actually "..don't mess with my hall". He often asks for the hall song.

2:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some fine mondegreens appear from time to time in a segment of Spick and Specks. Many are too embarrassing to admit but some are truly cringe-worthy.

1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home