Friday, June 09, 2006

Crash and Burn

I'm not sure what it is about return travel, but now I'm home, Jetlag has really kicked in. I got in at around 6:30am, but had to hang around the airport for a while as the carousel that was going to deposit the baggage broke down. I also had a nice little delay at customs. I had forgotten that my sister had given me a wooden back massager. This, of course, was made of wood, and looks phallic (that's like a penis for the uninitiated). It has too "ball" rollers, and a long appendage to hold onto whilst you roll.

Of course, I filled in my declaration card, and proceeded through customs thinking all would be fine. I got directed to the baggage scanners, where they X-Ray'd my contents. The guy who scanned it, threw my luggage up onto a table and said, "Is this your bag sir?". "Yep", I responded, thinking that they'd found all the lollies I'd packed. Straight away, he opened the bag, and pulled out the massager. He must have seen my eye's go wide, and face go bright red, because he had a quick look and then shoved it back in. Obviously, it wasn't too bad, and maybe he'd done it for the embarrassment factor, because he let let me go on my way.

I caught a taxi home, and as I'd had a reasonable sleep on the plane, the morning was ok. I got to see the kids off to school, and got to enjoy Callum's crawling, which he started 2 days ago. He is just starting to get the hang of it, although he grizzles a lot about moving, just like his father! I did have to go into work during the day, which actually worked out well, as it meant I didn't nap. However, at around 5:30pm I was wrecked and fell asleep. This was broken at 6:30pm with Anth expecting me quite rightly to have done something about dinner, seeing as though I'd promised to go and get something earlier. The kids were hungry and demanding, so they got 1 minute noodles, whilst I had to do an uncoordinated dash down to the supermarket. How I didn't hit anything I don't know!

By 8:30pm, that was it, and I was out like a light. The problem, dear reader, is that it's now 3:30am and I'm wide awake! Luckily we have a long weekend, so recovery is only a few days away.

Ciao for How, Tired Ol' Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Welcome home! Hopefully you can sleep it off, and the kiddies don't bother you too much. =o)

12:12 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Ohhh - hope you recover soon!

3:54 am  
Blogger Mama en Fuego said...

I can empathize. I got in from HA yesterday at 8am, went home and slept from 9:30a - 2:30p. And I only got up because my husband made me. Jetlag sucks.

9:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home, Angry Dad! I am sure your kids and wife are purring with happiness. Enjoy the weekend and catch up on your sleep. I expect lots of funny posts in the coming weeks!

12:02 pm  
Blogger Kristin said...

LOL...re-entry is always a bitch... glad they let your deviant self home!

2:01 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Back massager, balls, hahahahahahaha. SURE it was a back massager. UH-huh. if that's your story, you better stick with it. :) :)

12:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home