Thursday, June 01, 2006

Jet Lag

I had to succumb to exhaustion and jet lag today. This was weird, because yesterday I was fine for almost all of the day. Today, I hit around 3:00pm and I wanted to pass out. I made it until about 5:30pm when I fell asleep, virtually in front of the computer back in my hotel room. I managed to crawl to the bed and set the alarm so that I'd go and get dinner, and not sleep until 2:00am.

This is always a trap with this kind of travel. There is nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night absolutely wide awake and thinking "Yep, ready to go now, but I must sleep!" I can only begin to imagine how insomniacs feel. Yuck! It didn't help that I was up late last night trying to sort out some work stuff going on at home.

Things continue to remind me how far away I am. Last night, we had a reception party at the hotel where the conference I am attending is being held. The hotel faces the Gulf of Mexico, and I went down to the beach to watch the sunset. I think all the smog in the air makes it quite spectacular. Yes, that'd be smog! Not haze, not cloud! As I looked out, I was thinking how that big red sun out there which was setting in this sky, was just coming up in the sky over Brisbane.

Ciao for Now, There's a Red Red Sun Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Sorry for the jetlag. Ewwww Smog....that is just icky! Luckily I am far enough out of the city that I don't have to deal with that :)

1:11 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Oh I HATE HATE HATE jetlag too. I hope you are feeling better. :) I always get soooo thristy when I travel too. It's wierd. Don't drink the water though, only drink bottled or you'll get sick for sure for sure.

3:16 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Gotta love that smog!

Hope those Floridians treat you well and take it from me, don't try the fried gator!

4:04 pm  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

Jetlag sucks! I've never experienced smog, but I have heard of it. I hope you are feeling more rested soon...

11:39 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

i hate jetlag too, my only cure is caffeine and lots of it! LOL!

hope you're having a good time :)

m

12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home