Saturday, May 27, 2006

Clean up the Front Yard

Because I am going away for just under a fortnight, part of this weekend is meant to involve clean up. We have our regular activities to do, which today have already included Soccer, a Taekwondo demonstration, and the weekly shopping. However, at the breakfast table this morning, Anth started making the list.

"Right, what things do you have to do this weekend?"
"Clean the pool filter."
"Yes, clean the pool filter. What else?"
"I dunno."
"Have you seen the front yard?"
"Nup."
"Wednesday's mess needs to be cleaned up. That's your job."

I'm sure that dogs are just machines for dog turds and barking. Well, that was how I felt when the kid next door knocked on our door at lunchtime and said "Our ball went into your front yard, and I don't wanna go in there cause Wednesday's mess is everywhere." So I had to walk through the minefield, and get it for him. Look how proud Wednesday is of her domain? And all those things you think are rocks, they're turds.



So this afternoon will be involved with cleaning up the mess out the front. With the lack of rain, everything is so dry, and what we had which even resembles a front lawn is now pretty much gone. I think secretly I was hoping all that dog manure would be like a "special fertilizer", but unfortunately its just not true.

Ciao for Now, Pooper Scooper Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

I hope that you have a really good pooper scooper! :)

6:52 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Won't you be glad when the boys are old enough to do this?? Char hates it - but she has to do it....man I am one mean momma

11:23 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

UGH. I hope you get everything done. Yucky. That's all I can think of to say really.

2:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agreed to buy a dog only if the kids agreed that they were responsible for feeding him, walking him and picking up his poop. The only point I have held firm on is the poop part. My heart goes out to you...not a fun job!

5:37 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

holy crap, literally! :)

no pets here, eldest is very allergic to dogs (boo hoo! cause i do love them!) and i hate cats, i like kittens, but not cats.

fish barely last in this house, and the last bird we had went belly up, which was fine cause it had one mean ass personality! LOL!

boo for cats!! :)

m

8:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home