Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Vomit III. Please let it end.

You know how most sequels are played out at the movies over years? I mean, Back to the Future was released in 1985, 1989 and 1990, and spanned 100 years. The Lord of the Rings movies were released over three years. The original Star Wars trilogy took 6 years to bring out. So why the hell do we have to put up with a third sequel of Vomit, within the course of a week?

That's right folks, this morning Ethan woke up screaming, thankfully for "Mummy", and he'd managed to throw up all over his bedroom. I got the far easier job of settling the screaming baby, as he lost his "latch on" to Anth because she had to get up and tend to Spew Boy. It turned out that in an effort to not mess up his bed, our boy threw up all over the floor. Of course, he was rightly proud of this saying "See Mum, I wasn't sick on my bed was I? I'm a good boy." How do you respond to that. He's been sick, and he's thought he's doing the right thing. I couldn't go near his room for the whole day.

How lucky am I to have a beautiful wife who not only cleans up the Vomit, but puts up with a whiney, irritable husband. That's right folks, the terror has struck me down as well. I think I've got the last of the trilogy variant like Ethan had yesterday, but I haven't hit the spews yet. What a wonderful literary topic this is. I'm just thankful that its getting me now, as I have to get on a 14 hour plane flight to the U.S. on Monday, so the last thing I want is to be shitting myself on a bloody plane, and not through fear!

Ciao for Now, No Quadrilogy like Alien Angry Dad.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Ohhh I am so sorry. That is usually how these things travel though. Yes, at least its a good thing you are getting it now instead of on a plane!

Get rest, drink fluids (if you can) sounds like its over quite quickly.

{{HUGS}} Oh and Anth deserves something really great from the States since she has had to deal with soon to be 4 spewing males in the house.

10:23 pm  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

i agree with cheeky, anth is going to need some huge present from the states as a "thank you" honey! LOL!

keep drinking lots of fluids, that does not include beer and liquor :)

m

11:15 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

Awww sounds absolutely horrible. Your gonna need some bleach for that house when this is all over!

5:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I feel for you. There is nothing, and I mean nothing in the parenting universe worse then vomit. Ugh!

I have not had to deal with any recently, Thank God! The last was X-mas eve as we were headed to church for the candlelight service and my 8 year old started feeling sick. I was going 70 on the highway with no exit in sight. I emptied the only bag in the car and told him to puke into it...and not to miss! He did a good job, only getting vomit on himself and in the bag. Not a drop on the car upholstery! I turned around and headed home with the sick boy crying because he felt so awful and the rest of the crew crying because of the stink. I threw the bag away when we got home. It was my purse.

Feel better soon!

6:27 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

AAAHHH... more vomit!!

8:38 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Sorry, sorry, so sorry. Hope everbody is feeling better soon. Go get some Emotrol, I think that's how it's spelled, it really really works. Do they have that over there?

When do you leave for the States? I hope everybody is feeling better by then!!

11:19 am  
Blogger carrie said...

I am so sorry! Get some fresh air! And then, hopefully, there won't be a Part IV!

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home