Tuesday, May 30, 2006

L.A. International Airport

Since I don't know when I'll next be seated in front of a computer with Net access, I thought I'd send a post from the Admiral's Lounge at LAX. I had an uneventful flight over here. Thankfully, there are now direct flights from Brisbane to Los Angeles, so after around 12 hours in the air, I've got a stopover before I fly out to Dallas, and then on to Tampa in Florida. All of this in one lovely long day of air travel.

It is weird flying back into America. I think that over the past 15 years I average about a trip a year over here. My brother and sister both lived in L.A. during various phases of their lives, so although I don't know all its intricacies, I know a bit about it. I love going to Disneyland, or Universal Studios, or Magic Mountain when I come through, so its strange knowing that this time, both ways, all I am doing is passing through. I like Californians, and think that if I ever had to live over here, which is incredibly unlikely, I'd quite possibly live in L.A.

I already miss home. On the way over, as I dozed off to sleep I was thinking about how Callum isn't crawling yet, but in all likelihood he will be before I get back. He is right on the verge, and all he has to do is lower his legs instead of floundering and kicking on his stomach, and he'll be off! I know Anth will get all the boys into a routine quick smart, and they won't be distracted by Dad coming in and saying, "Right, let's go and do this, or that" and stuffing up her plans. However, at least this time when I woke up, it was because the guy next to me had put his reading light on, and not because I'd been punched in the face!

Ciao for Now, Jet Lagging Angry Dad.

9 Comments:

Blogger mollymcmo said...

i'm guessing you are a snorer, hence the punches to the face when waking up???!!!

i do kicks and punches, karateeeeee-chop! LOL!

m

1:51 am  
Blogger JM said...

I dread flying. I have this unexplainable fear of it. Once we are off the ground, I'm fine. It's taking off and landing that gives me palpitations.

6:15 am  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

If you're just passing through, chances are that you'll get to see him crawling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't miss that milestone...

7:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we all miss you

8:32 am  
Blogger j.sterling said...

that's because california is the shit, and angelino's are the bomb! i miss LA something fierce.. i'm so NOT made to be a granola environment loving freak. lol

8:38 am  
Blogger Kristin said...

Have a great trip...flying sucks the big one so be safe!

2:57 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

You are soo lucky! I am being kicked in the tummy by a sleeping toddler as we speak.

Than reminds me, I need to get her back into her bed!!

5:42 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Glad to hear the major portion of the flight was uneventful. Hope you aren't jeg lagging for too long so you can enjoy some coasters!!!

11:50 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

I hope you have a good time in the States. We're a bunch of crazies over here so watch out. :) I hope that if the baby starts crawling that Anth will video tape it or something for ya. Have fun!

1:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home