Sunday, June 04, 2006

Beach Boy


I have been fortunate enough to be spending some time here in Florida right on the beach. The conference hotel is in Clearwater, and backs onto the Gulf. Each evening this week we have had some amazing sunsets, and this shot captures one of them. Most nights I've gone outside and watched this, and each night we have had the blazing red ball set over the horizon. Quite spectacular.


Today, as it was the weekend and I'm free from the constraints of work, I ventured down Route 75 to visit my sister and her family, who live on Sanibel Island. It took about 3 hours to get here, but I managed to do it without getting lost too much. It was great to catch up with everyone, and although the heat of the day was more or less unbearable. We went out in the late afternoon to their local beach, where I took this photo of Julian. It reminds me of a similar shot I took of Aidan back home!


We also took a drive up to Captiva Island, where I couldn't resist the urge to behave like the great white whale, and get my kit off for a swim. Well, actually, in an effort not to shock the retirees that live here, I did display a modicum of decency by keeping my pants on. I could here the shock of some of the old folks saying "Oh My God, Look at Whitey and the glare coming off his body. Heaven save us." whilst other's quietly murmured "Should we call the coast guard to shift the beached whale?" I was able to ignore this and float around with Mark and the kids. Later this evening my sister and I went down to the lighthouse for a look around, where she took this photo of ol' Mr Handsome being a beach boy.

Ciao for Now, Beach Bum Angry Dad.

10 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Way cool that you are getting time to spend with your sis and her family!

I miss the beach....you have no idea....

So heading out to the rollercoasters soon? Did you decide on which park?

Hope you have fun

1:25 pm  
Blogger Kristin said...

what a gorgeous part of the world... enjoy!

3:09 pm  
Blogger j.sterling said...

you fit right in! you totally don't look like a tourist at all! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

3:46 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Beautiful pics. Glad to see you get some "down" time to enjoy yourself!

6:21 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great pictures!!! :) My first time here so thought I would say hi....hi! :)

1:11 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

very cool you got to spend some time at the beach with your sis and family just chillin'. Very cool indeed. glad Angry Dad didn't get eaten by a shark. Wouldn't be good for the tourist industry, FOR SURE! :)

4:46 am  
Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

You don't look white to me. White is spending a winter in MAINE! Where we have summer for 6 weeks moving right back into winter in Oct.

It was great that you got to see some more of the great state of FL. Remember that sunscreen!

9:59 am  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

It must be so nice to be able to spend the day at the beach. It's not quite warm enough for that here yet - it's warm everywhere else, but near the water it's still quite chilly.

I'm glad you got to spend some time with your sister. It must be hard living so far away from your siblings.

12:34 pm  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

you look like a hot angry dad!

i love the beach, the sun doesn't love me, so if you wanna see white come on over here! LOL!

m

8:39 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

It looks beautiful! Sounds like your having a great time!

3:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home