Friday, June 02, 2006

Synch with family

I don't know what's going on at the moment, but I just can't seem to synch up with my family. My sister has been trying to get in touch with me, but she is not at her home and I haven't been able to get her. My wife, when I ring her up, hasn't been home either. To top it off, I'm out of my hotel room at around 7:00am, and often don't get back into the room until 11:00pm at night.

I don't have a cell phone, so I'm virtually unreachable. It seems e-mail is the best way to get to me at the moment, but to even use that I have to sit on my arse in the Business Centre of the hotel, as I only have dial up access in the room. Its quite insane! The conference, and doing work and schmoozing with vendors, clients and customers just chews up time. Not that I'm really complaining, and it isn't that hard work, but I was up at 3:00am this morning and its now 11:30pm and my eyes are trying not to drop out of my head.

Trying to get times right between the U.S. and Australia only provides small windows of opportunity. I don't want to ring when all the activities of morning are going on, but if I miss the window of opportunity then, often Anth has run off to do all the other morning tasks which go with being a stay at home mum! Anth works so hard for all of us, and I know she's pretty tired at the moment, so I also don't want to ring late at night and wake her if she's asleep. Any guy worth his salt knows to let sleeping mums, and their babies, lie.

Ciao for Now, Eye Popping Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Good luck reaching everybody... I'm thinking you need an international cell plan for your next big trip!

3:14 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Keep your chin up! How much longer? It's hard to be away from family so I am with Kristin, you need yourself a great cell phone! My Hubby has been gone for weeks at times and I always looked forward to those calls (even in the middle of the night). :)

4:02 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

See....she is working hard...you better get her something good to bring back home....


Here is an idea - give her the week off - hire a maid service for a week (hmmmm - whatcha think?)

Or should I just drop her a note and see what she wants??

12:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I agree. You never want to wake up a sleeping mom. Fire, earthquake, vomiting children or high fever being the only exceptions I can think of. I hope you reach her soon. She probably needs to hear your voice as much as you need to hear hers.

1:20 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Yes, you need a cell phone. And you need one bad. Can you send Anth a lovey dovey email? That would maybe help...:)

2:08 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

you are going home soon right?

yes, i agree let sleeping babies sleep.....and mommies too.

m

9:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home