Saturday, June 03, 2006

Kids at Checkin

I'm staying at one particular hotel, and the conference is at another hotel where most of the attendees are also staying. Tonight, as I was meeting up with one of the guys to go out for dinner, I had to go to that hotel's lobby and wait for him to come down. Whilst waiting, this family came up to checkin, obviously for a weeks worth of vacation. It was fun to watch from afar, knowing that it could have been my family!

There was mum and dad, a young daughter, and a baby. They wheeled in a whole truckload of luggage, with the dad pushing the baby in the pram, and mum trying to control the daughter. As I was sitting on couches, the daughter came and sat on the chair next to me, giving me the "who are you" evil eye, whilst propping herself up like a princess. The Dad was trying to convince the Porter to do his luggage, and a nice tip helped, and then he went to the desk to organise their room. Mum was trying to keep an eye on the baby, and on Princess. Dad was starting to look haggard already.

Princess decided that it would be fun to play peek-a-boo games with me, so of course, being the big kid that I am, I played back. I could see this set Mum off a bit, after all, who wants a 38 year old playing with a 3 year old, but I quickly assured her I had kids of my own and then pretended I was waiting for someone else. Meanwhile, Porter was now acting like Dad's best friend and advising him of all the amenities of the hotel. I knew exactly how Dad felt when he said "Dude, I just want to get up to my Hotel room, ok?"

So off they went, but it was nice that Princess turned around and waved back at me as Mum dragged her off after Dad and the baby.

Ciao for Now, Peek A Boo Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Kids have such a nice way of cheering people up - no matter how haggard their daddies may be!

5:00 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I love playing peek a boo or talking with random kids - they are so funny. But as a mom I get a little concerned when stragers talk to my kids too.....sad we live in a world like that....

Hope you had a nice dinner :)

1:14 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

Yeah, I like talking to random kids too,they crack me up, but I know it freaks the Mommy's out. It freaks ME out when somebody talks to MY kids, especially if they are sans children when they are trying to chat up mine. *sigh* We DO live in an evil world though. watch any Dateline special and you'll find that out.

I hope you had a good evening out with your buddy.

3:47 am  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

It must have made you feel a little closer to home playing peekaboo with the little girl.

It's too bad that life has come to us living in a world where everybody is afraid of everybody...

7:35 am  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

i have a princess at home too, and that is exactly how poor tim acts when we all venture out! LOL

m

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home