Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ice Cream

Is there no better staple in any person's diet than Ice Cream. By now, if you've read any of my previous posts, you're probably thinking that this guys diet is so crap, its amazing he isn't the size of a house. Well, I am. Well, sorta kinda. No I'm not, I'm just big boned. Anyways, aside from donuts, Ice Cream is a fantastic treat. Last night I went and saw the latest X-Men movie, which in my opinion is the best of the three. I even stayed until the very end, after the credits, to see the additional twist. I also ate an Ice Cream, a Magnum Ego, which is vanilla ice cream wrapped in caramel sauce, wrapped in luscious chocolate. Delicious. I normally have Choc Tops, but this was just as good.

Of course, I've passed on this habit to my children. We normally buy Neapolitan Ice Cream. This is meant to give you the best of the three basics of ice cream, with Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry. With this base, you can add your own flavours to make new creations. A personal favourite is to add Coco Pops and hardening Chocolate, in layers. So you put a bit of ice cream, some Coco Pops, some chocolate, then more ice cream, etc, etc, layer upon layer upon layer. You may want to shave real chocolate onto this. This is not the most extreme calorific delight. The one that tops this, but is not recommended unless you are a devoted chocaholic, is to take 2 Mars Bars, microwave them in a bowl on high for around 90 seconds, then whilst its still hot, stir to create almost a liquid form. Then add ice cream and place back in the refridgerator. MMMmmm, artery hardening.

The one thing that is intriguing me is that with Neapolitan Ice Cream, you're not supposed to eat the Vanilla and Strawberry. Everyone knows that the Chocolate is the best right? Here's proof, from the Simpsons episode "Radio Bart":

Homer: (grabs a box of Neapolitan ice cream) Mmmm, chocolate (opens box to reveal that the chocolate section is empty) d'oh! (throws the box away and grabs another) Mmmm, chocolate (the chocolate section of the new box is also empty) d'oh! Marge, we need some more chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream!
In our house, it is always the Vanilla and Strawberry which disappear, leaving large slabs of chocolate for yours truly to enjoy. I don't know why the kids do it that way!

Ciao for Now, Ice Ice Baby Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Oh man, I have to go eat some ice cream right now!! i love the hardening chocolate. And preferably on top of chocolate ice cream. Enjoy your neopolitan while you have the chocolate to yourself before their taste buds mature...

Lisa

8:02 am  
Blogger carrie said...

How in the world did you come up with putting the candy bars in the microwave concoction? Sounds delicious, as do all things with ice cream and chocloate! Yummy!

Carrie

5:27 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMY. that's all.

12:32 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Neopolitan is the best!!

I thought the X-Men movie was awesome - glad you stayed past the credits. I really think there is going to be another one (or maybe that is wishful thinking on my part).

12:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home