Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ramblings on Children

I thought I'd write a paragraph on interactions I had with each of the kids today. For Aidan, it was easy. I didn't see him. All day. He wasn't awake at the time I went to work. He had special childcare tonight, and I was out at Taekwondo when he came home. He was in bed asleep before I got in. He was a total brat last night. We're trying to get him to eat with at least a fork, and also try to break his bad habit of burping at the table. Last night, he pushed me over the edge by doing both incessantly, and I lost it. This resulted in him being dragged from the table, thrown in the shower, rushed into his pajamas, and told he had to be quiet for the rest of the night. Tears followed. It then took him ages to settle down for bed, albeit in my arms on the couch.

I did get to spend some time with Ethan. We went to Taekwondo together, and I watched him train for a little while. I also got to see tired Ethan. Why is it, that although our kids exhaust themselves, they still bitch and moan about going to bed? Ethan put on the waterworks when we told him at 8:30pm that it was bedtime. His head hurt. His legs were broken. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. He got a flat tyre. You get the picture. Every excuse to just stay up that few extra minutes longer.

I also saw Callum at Taekwondo. Unfortunately, he had a big knock on his head, which has resulted in a nice new shiner. This was a result of my crap car's door hitting him. Anth and I had swapped cars for the day, so I had the good car, and she had the crap one. When she was lifting him out of the car, crap car decided to reek revenge on its unsuspecting victim, by closing its doors on her. The door started to shut just as she lifted Callum out of his car seat, and so his head got caught on the edge of the door. Poor baby. He is ok.

Ciao for Now, Rambling Rose Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Now that's what I call a wild night.

4:26 am  
Blogger Mama en Fuego said...

My mom was lucky, I was in bed by 7pm and slept for 12 hours.

That car sounds wicked. It's bad enough when you bang your own head but your kids...ouch.

5:53 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Kids never want to go to bed - its a rare event in my house when the kids voluntarily go to bed.

Ouch for the head in the door.....poor baby.

7:37 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Awww, what a night. I don't know why tired kids get even more difficult to put to bed. Those car doors really are hazards. I am totally paranoid about it every time I get out of the car. Glad your little one is okay.

Lisa

1:41 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Sounds like one of those days . . . at least everyone is now sleeping?

5:20 pm  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

I am laughing only because Connor always tells us "his legs are broken" too. Drives me batty. It's just a stall technique...these kids. Don't you wish somebody would send YOU to bed? I know I would toddle off to bed with a grin if somebody told me it was bed time and I better be in my jammies and in bed in 2 mintues flat OR ELSE! :) kids...

12:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home