Sunday, June 18, 2006

Kids in the Car

We went up to Noosa today to visit my parents, and so I could have an early birthday party with family. My brother and his family also came over, so Mum and Dad suddenly had a full house again. Mum and Dad have just been on a 3 week trip through Central Australia, including the Northern Territory, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Alice Springs, rode the Ghan, Darwin, Kakadu and travelled across the top end to Broome in Western Australia.



They're lucky that they didn't have to travel with my three little darlings. Look at them, butter wouldn't melt in their mouths. This picture of domestic bliss belies the fact that just prior Aidan was poking Ethan, Ethan was yelling and attempting to retaliate with force, and Callum was screaming with a screech that puts Screech to shame, both annoying and penetrating.

Callum at the moment is managing to be the most difficult car traveller to deal with. I can handle Aidan's incessant whines of "I'm Hungry" and "What are we doing tomorrow". I can handle Ethan's grizzling "Ai-Dan.... No!" as he flings his brother's hands out of his space. I can't handle the scream. It pierces through me. He also has a habit of doing it, and then when Anth turns around to look at him, giving her that huge grin of made you look, now I'll do it again. Its nice when he sleeps.

Ciao for Now, Do You Think They Get There Behaviours From Their Angry Dad?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way your little one is looking at his older brothers. That sweet little baby likes to scream...no, that's hard to believe.

My youngest is still a screamer...at 4. I hope she grows out of it soon.

11:06 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I love the look on Callum's face! Seems like every time a camera comes out - the kids act better - its like they don't want you to have proof or anything...hehe

HAPPY FATHERS DAY

4:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home