Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sick Birthday Boy

Today is my birthday. Unfortunately, I've got the flu. This meant that most of the day was stuck inside at home, trying to keep warm, trying not to cough up a lung, and getting Anth to wait on me. Poor Anth. She gets conversations like this.
"Anthhhhhhhh?"
"What?"
"Can you get me something?"
"What?"
"A drink of water. I'm thirsty."
Water magically appears
"Can you get me a blanket too?"
Blanket magically appears
"Thanks. Is there any of that cake from my birthday left?"
Cake magically appears

How lucky am I?! I got to sit around on my fat sick arse for the majority of the day, and got waited on, and got presents! She even made me my favourite chocolate mousse desert. MMMmmm Chocolate. I don't know that it was the greatest idea to share it with the elder kids, because Aidan has been on a chocolate rush for most of the evening.

Ciao for Now, Birthday Angry Dad.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Happy Birthday! You are so sweet even when sick. What a nice trait.

Enjoy your cake with a Nyquil chaser.

Lisa

10:52 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh it sucks to be sick - especially on your Birthday!

Happy Birthday Angry Dad!!!!

Hugs & Smoochies (to you and Anth for takin care of ya)

11:18 pm  
Blogger Jenn said...

haaaaaaapy birthday to youuuuuu
haaaaaappy birthday to youuuuuu
haaaaapy birthday dear Angry daaaaaddddddddd
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

Don't blow out the candels with your sick breath or you'll get everyone sick... Then YOU'll have to take care of THEM!

11:56 pm  
Blogger mollymcmo said...

happy late birthday!!
at least you got waited on on your sick birthday :)

m

1:32 am  
Blogger j.sterling said...

today is blake's bd too!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND FEEL BETTER!!!!!

4:24 am  
Blogger Mama en Fuego said...

Being sick is the pits, I'm a horrible sick person. Luckily my husband is a great caretaker and makes me lay my sick butt down so I can get better. YAY for good sweeties!

9:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wes. Sorry you were sick on your birthday. Even more sorry that we didn't find time to call you on the day and that we haven't found time since. We have been thinking of you everyday since 20 June. I hope you are better now and that you have a great year ahead. Love Nat

3:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home