Friday, November 10, 2006

Being Hypnotised

Hypnosis is a state of mind in which a person's conscious critical thinking mind is bypassed and communication with the subconscious mind is established.

That's the Wikipedia Definition of Hypnosis. Tonight, as part of the Christmas Party activities for our Taekwondo club, we had an evening with a Hypnotist Show. The show was Mark Anthony's Hypnaughty Show, which was more focused on adult entertainment. Don't get me wrong, there was no stripping or nudity, but the people who did get up and have a go did things which would have made their mother's blush!

We went with friends, and although Anth tried to convince me to get up I chickened out. Not so Graham, who dashed up there ready to go at it! And go at it he did. All up, about 12 people got hypnotised. They did things like dance like ballerina's, give birth, and lots of sexual innuendo. They had a lot of fun, and we had a lot of fun watching them do it. I knew about half of the people who got up and did things, so it was funny to see them behave not quite as you expected them to!

Afterwards we tried to get Graham to tell us what it was like. He said he could see and hear everything, and even when he was "asleep" he could hear what was going on. The thing he recounted was that although he could see and hear, there were things he just couldn't do. When told to sleep, his hands and feet felt numb, and he couldn't lift his head up or open his eyes. When doing things, it was like he knew what he was doing, but didn't really care. When watching the others, he really wanted to laugh and knew it was funny, but couldn't. He said he felt pretty tired afterwards, and the hypnotist told him he'd sleep well. I'm glad it was him and not me!

Ciao for Now, Chicken and Not Hypnotised Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

That's so weird. I think it would creep me out a little to have someone else have control over me like that, ya know?

12:58 am  
Blogger carrie said...

I've always been a little afraid of hypnotists, but if they told me I'd sleep well, I'd be willing to make a fool out of myself!! :)

Sounds like a fun night!

Carrie

5:50 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

I agree with Jenn. that is very weird and super creepy. I would NEVER want to give somebody that kind of control over me either. I hope your friend got his promised night of good sleep though! I wonder if he had creepy dreams? You'll have to ask him and let us know! :)

4:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home