Sunday, November 05, 2006

Three Kids in a Park

Anth got to go and have a morning at the shops which left me with the three children. What to do, what to do? I know, I'll take them to the park! This turned out to be a reasonable idea. What sane adult wouldn't want to take 3 kids, including a newly walking baby, to a seaside park. We got on our thongs, changed out of our pyjamas and jumped in the car to head to the beach. After the standard fights of "who is going to sit in the front?" we were finally on our way.

The journey there was relatively uneventful, excepting that Aidan had in his head a particular park he wanted to go to. Ethan wanted to go somewhere else, which came up first. Ethan's criteria was that he wanted somewhere where he could kick a footy and throw his toy helicopter in the air. This meant lots of open spaces. Fortunately for me, Aidan kicked up a stink, because he wanted a different park. Thankfully, we got to move on to a park with a fence. Fenced in with children is good.

We ended up at Sutton's Beach in Redcliffe. This is a good area as it has lots of open lawn, the beach facing the bay, and a fenced Pirate Themed park to play in. Ethan dashed off to play on the ship and slides, Aidan dashed off to annoy other parents, and Callum and I went into the shaded area so he could wander around to his heart's content. Aside from Aidan trying to chat up other kid's mums, and me trying to ignore he was my kid, everything ran quite smoothly. Callum even got to go down the slides.

The only difficult part is removing three kids from a fun park. Aidan had to be dragged by the wrist, much to the disdain of chatted up mothers. Callum did the back arch and scream when I lifted him from the slide to leave. Ethan came along reasonably, but at a 10 metre distance as he didn't want to be associated with the crazy man with the screaming kids. I'm surprised the police didn't stop me and demand to know if these really were my children. "Of course not officer" would be the only response.

Ciao for Now, Arrest Me Now Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

Your Redcliffe park sounds just like one we go to in Maroubra, complete with beach, fence and pirate theme.

Also with the disdainful mothers.

Almost none of whom has more than one child. Remember how easy just one child was?

Good on you for getting out. And lucky you for having the weather to do so: the entire population of Sydney spent Sunday indoors, trying to be grateful for the rain.

6:07 am  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

But if you had been stopped by the cops - that would have made for a much more eventful blog now wouldn't it??

I am in Charleston for the week - I know I have been MIA recently but your old Cheeky is back in all her splendor!

8:53 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

You are one brave Angry Dad. I haven't taken the kids to the park by myself for ages. It seems like they always want to be 2 different places and I am freaking out thinking someone will steal them. Chad always tells me not to worry, if they did get stolen they would get returned in no time. For some reason, that just doesn't make me feel any better. And we don't even have a baby anymore! You are VERy brave....

9:11 am  
Blogger Becky said...

Ah yes the joys of 3 children...one who doesn't want to know you...one who get's into everything...and the other one...See the cops don't want to stop you because they're scared you're going to give them to them...;)

8:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home