Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Hiccup Burp

Kids love it when you're gross. I'm gross. I have picked up a particularly disgusting habit in my older years in that when I get the hiccups, I can't help but burp after each one. Hence, the Hiccup Burp. Wikipedia tells me that the Hiccup is caused by an involuntary spasm of the diaphragm, generally caused by specific situations such as eating too quickly. The Burp is caused by the release of gas from the digestive tract through the mouth. If it goes the other way, its a fart! (queue your own fart joke here!) Burping is typically caused by eating or drinking too fast.

Tonight we went out for dinner at a local restaurant. We arrived with what we thought was time to spare before 7:00pm, knowing that we had to have left before 8:00pm so that Anth could go to Netball. We ordered, sat down, and waited. Normally service takes about 15-20 minutes. After half an hour, we still hadn't been served. This meant the calling of the waitress to determine where the meals were. A few minutes later, they arrived, followed by the scoffing and scarfing of said food so we could leave on time! (Here is another example of gross in the Adventures of Angry Dad)

Because we ate so fast, I got the Hiccup Burps. They hit whilst in the car as we went to pick up Aidan from his carer. "Hiccup, Buuuurrrrrp" came out about every 30 seconds. "Ewwww, Dad" was the response from Ethan. At first he thought it was hilarious. After a few more minutes, he was telling me how to get rid of them by holding my breath. They only stopped when I stopped the car and got out. Then I farted.

Ciao for Now, Gross Out Angry Dad.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Little boys love bodily noises. Toby came home the other day singing...

Beans beans the musical fruit, the more you eat them the more you toot!

Of course when we were kids it was...

Pinto beans good for your heart the more you eat them the more you fart!

I think he likes the second one better LOL

12:33 am  
Blogger Melissa said...

WHile this was kinda an overshare, I can't help but laugh.

6:06 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

EWWWWWWW angry Dad. EWWWWWW. My kids would LOVE you. They find anything to do with bodily functions incredibily entertaining and interesting. I just do NOT get it. Again, I think it maybe the fact I am girl. I don't know....

4:05 am  
Blogger Chris in Lancaster,SC said...

Hello Angry Dad! Interesting...I also get Hiccup Burps almost on a daily basis.But,I get them even when I'm not eating or drinking anything.I wake up in the middle of the night having these episodes.I can't quiet figure out what causes mine.I even went to the doctor and had an Upper GI Series done.No luck there either.It still remains a mystery.The good side to this is that I do get quiet a few laughs at these unexpected outbursts.

2:32 am  
Blogger Chris in Lancaster,SC said...

BTW...do you happen to have a history of severe acid reflux? I did,but not anymore.I just wonder if that could be where these episodes originated from.

2:36 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

3/7/2011
Moet

I too experience the hiccup then burp. it sucks when i'm in public.

7:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home