Sunday, November 12, 2006

The First Swim of the Season

Summer's coming. It's already starting to get hot. Today Ethan had his Soccer team's Christmas party. It was at the Chermside Pool. This was fun because they have a large tower with three water slides, and a lot of theming around the pool area. Ethan and his soccer friends spent most of the time running around, on the slides, or swimming. Four hours of fun in the sun. I've got a sunburnt neck.

I did manage to go in for a swim there. I also went on the water slides, although a man of my austere dimensions sometimes finds it difficult on the slides. I get stuck. Its so stupid. If I don't push myself fast enough on take-off, I get about 5 metres down the slide and stop. Then there's the furious push off again, to ensure that I don't get some teenager ramming me in the back. I've tried sitting up, laying down, aqua-planing my back and somehow its just not right. Yes, I know, losing about 15kg would probably help.

By 3:00pm I'd had enough, and Aidan was at home waiting to swim in our pool. We left, and got home to find Aidan in his swimmers, but he didn't want to go in. He got thrown in anyway. Even Callum got to have a nekid baby swim. It was a little brisker in our home pool, but he didn't seem to mind too much. So other than Anth, we've all now had our first swim of the season!

Ciao for Now, Swimming Boy Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! May there be many wonserful and warm swims to come this summer for you! How nice to read about warmth as we head into cold weather on my side of the earth.... 30 degrees yesterday!

10:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home