Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Best Christmas Card for 2006



I finally got around to looking through the Christmas cards we got this year and I came across this little gem. This was from our nephew Ben, who knowing my penchant for all things Simpsons, drew this number for us. He must have known that as soon as Anth and I opened it up we would be in hysterics. We have a pretty low brow sense of humour, which extends easily to bum jokes. Thanks Ben!

The weather here is playing tricks on us. The past few years have seen this week have temperatures up around 40 degrees Celsius. Today, its rained nearly all day, and has hardly made it above 20. The great thing is that it is raining, and hopefully a bit more will make it into the dams. Our lawn has recovered a little bit, so this has got to be good for that.

All the rain has meant a fair amount of indoor activity. For me, this is mainly watching the cricket on TV. For the kids, this has meant jumping on me whilst I watched the cricket on TV. They've also at times tried to entice me to listen to music, change the channel, watch them dance, fix their toy car sets, play with their toy car sets, fix their radio, turn down their radio, go outside, go inside, give them lollies, give them chips, provide lunch and act as a punching bag. At least Callum was distracted with his new tricycle. I just want to live, goddammit. Won't you let me live?!

Ciao for Now, Still Living Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Grim Reality Girl said...

Ben is quite the artist! Hilarious! I love the personal cards that kids make.

4:28 am  
Blogger Ashley Lasbury said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you, Angry Dad. I am glad you had a good one. Please, keep writing in 2007.
A Fan.

9:04 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

That was a GOOD card. And I understand your pain with the kids. Our kids are on x-mas break too, it's been POURING rain here, and I have my nephew who is 6 here too. OY VEY. Our house seems to be getting smaller ever single moment. AND why, why I ask you, do the kids like to take the cushions off the couch and jump on them? WHY?

2:15 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Oh my gosh! I feel you pain, really, I do. Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas, the pics were all great!!!

Also - we went to the movie theater tonight and I saw a poster that would've blown your socks off: THE SIMPSONS MOVIE, coming in July, 2007!! You probably already knew this, but I thought it'd make you smile! :)

Carrie

4:54 pm  
Blogger Sandy said...

Good card - And Ben is a good artist...

7:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home