Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I need to go to the toilet...

Don't you hate when you're out and about and out of the mouths of babes comes "I need to go to the toilet." This is painful at the best of times, because usually the utterance only comes when the real addition to the phrase is "Right Now." The immediate adult response, well, at least in our family is "Holding On" and then a mad dash to wherever we believe a toileting facility may be.

Tonight Ethan, Aidan and I went out to look at cars and go for a drive. We were walking around a car yard at around 7:00pm when Aidan decided to go. The conversation went something like:
"I need to go to the toilet."
"Holding on."
"No holding on. I need to go now."
"Wees or Poos?"
"Poos. Now."

So what do you do? The car yard wasn't open, so we started the mad dash back to the car in an effort to do the mad dash back home. Fortunately, as we got to the car, a security guard came over to us and asked the kids if we wanted to see a large lizard which was on one side of the lot. Not really, but then Aidan piped up with "I need to go to the toilet." The guard then said, "Oh, you can use the toilet inside if you want to, then I can show you the lizard." Thank god for bored security guards. And I got to see two lizards too! (Bad pun intended)!!

Ciao for Now, No Poos Angry Dad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Kids are notorious for that....it continues as they get older too...

8:11 am  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

I shouldn't say this, but that happens to Jake all the time. It seems he never has to go to the bathroom at home - it's always as soon as we get somewhere...And he's an adult...

12:24 pm  
Blogger LBA said...

I don't know if your kids are too old and 'cool' for it .. but the 'porta-potties' you can get for the car aren't so expensive.

I've seen them at our local 'BabyCo', and reckon it might be a good idea for the future ...

P.S. - I don't believe you'll be able to let this all go in 2007, so there :p

8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home