Friday, December 15, 2006

Mullet Clothing

Today was the first day of the School holidays for the kids. Because of this, they stayed up a little later last night, and subsequently they slept in this morning. I also slept in, so it was a bit of a mad rush trying to get ready for work so I could get in at a semi-reasonable time. I also had our work Christmas party scheduled for today. The weather was meant to be hot, so I thought I'd make a clothing choice which reflected this.

After the morning shower, I got out a branded work polo shirt and put that on. I then thought that because it would be hot, rather than wearing work pants, and because it was Christmas, I'd put on a pair of shorts. The one's I grabbed were light cargo like shorts, knee length. I was also going to throw on a pair of runners so I'd be comfortable. After all, some of us prepare comfort over style. As I walked through the bedroom, this is the conversation Anth had with me.
"What are you wearing?"
"A work shirt and shorts. Why? What's wrong with that?"
"You're wearing the clothing equivalent of a mullet."
"What do you mean."
"Well, you've got a work shirt on, so your serious up the top. But the shorts, they're saying you want to party. Mullet Clothing."
"Ahhhhhh riggghhhhht."

I still went and changed though.

Ciao for Now, No Dress Sense Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

LMAO - OMG that's hysterical! Anth is one funny woman! I'll have to remember that one for the future. tee hee hee

12:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anth is the BEST! May I quote her on mullet clothing? My husband has been guilty of this as well! Oh thank you for the laugh!!

1:56 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

That is the perfect description. Mullet clothing.

Lisa

11:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anth cracks me up as well....mullet clothing....hahahahhaaha...OY, I am probably guilty of that one myself *gulp*

5:09 am  
Blogger carrie said...

I may have to borrow that line for my husband! Thanks Anth!

Carrie

12:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home