Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Waiting for Telstra

I've hit a funny point this evening in that my home phone connection, and therefore my home ADSL for Internet connection got cut off today. No, this wasn't from poor bill payment. Rather, it was because someone cut the line somewhere between the exchange and our house. I rang Telstra to find out what was going on, and they ran some tests and said the cut was 2km from my house. Suffice to say, I have to wait for them to fix it. All activities are now being done via mobile phone.

I had the day off today as Anth is indulging in her fantasy of going to see Robbie Williams. Why she had to spend the whole day preparing, I don't know, but she did. For a concert that didn't start until 8:00pm at night, she made a full day of it with all her friends, starting from 11:30am. I hope she doesn't pass out before she sees the show! She did send me an SMS to say she was right up the front.

So I've got the kids. We're going to go into the city and see the Christmas Windows at Myer. This should keep them occupied and keep me from strangling them. It should also keep them from strangling me. There is potentially a lot of "Why You Little..." at our house at the moment. I'm blathering because I'm trying to do this quickly!

Ciao for Now, Fast And Random Angry Dad.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate, check out voipstunt.

Make free calls to any landline in Australia through your computer.

Then you can go tell Telstra to jam their cut phone line right up their clacker!

9:15 pm  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

Hope you get your communication restored..

That was awesome to give your lady a day off. Angry Dad=Happy Wife.

Lisa

11:58 pm  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Anth - you go girl!!!

Waiting for phone companies are the worst - hope it gets fixed soon

11:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't ask Anth why it took her that long to get ready, you will NOT like the answer!! :)

Hope your phone line is fixed.

5:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home