Monday, December 11, 2006

December at the Beach


Even though I felt like absolute crap yesterday, as mentioned last night, I did fail to mention that we did go to one of the local beaches yesterday. I happened to go along as Anth wasn't going to take Callum, but then he had a hissy fit, so she thought she had better. I then felt obliged to go along, even if I did stink like the black death. The good thing was that I was able to lie on the sand moaning but keeping an eye on Callum and Aidan. The bad thing was I managed to pass the bug on to Ethan, so he was off school today. However, this time it seems like this bug really only was a day one, so both he and I already feel better.

So back to yesterday, and as you can see, all three kids were quite happy to get out of the house and at the beach. Callum was very tentative at first, preferring to climb all over me and bury me in sand. Ethan dashed off to both swim and body surf, with Anth's watchful eye on him. We also teach our kids to swim between the flags, so the lifesavers get to watch as well! Once Callum discovered that he could wander off from me, he soon crawled off down the beach to find mum.

Aidan, on the other hand, was a social butterfly. Within minutes he was off to everyone within a 50 meter radius to have a chat and find out what they were doing at the beach. He holds no favourites, and anyone and everyone is fair game. The interesting thing is that people always look around to find out where this weird little boy came from. A friendly wave soon sorts them out, and then all you have to do is watch for their distressed look which says they've had enough. In the main, people do seem quite happy to have a chat. Yesterday, this suited me fine, as if I had have had to chase him, I probably would have thrown up!


Ciao for Now, Beached Whale Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh here I am in the cold and you are posting beach pics....aaccckk!!!

12:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh here I am in the cold and you are posting beach pics....aaccckk!!!!!

12:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto what they said -- but how WONDERFUL to see such great beach pictures! You bring me memories of summer... ahhhh!!!

It was warmer today -- my winter coat was too heavy and I had to put on a lighter one. I'm happy whenever I see the sun this time of year -- even if it half a world away.

Hope you and the family are feeling better!

6:26 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

Beautiful pictures, I needed that!

Carrie

1:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beach pictures, very beautiful.

5:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home