Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Garage Sale

Whilst I'd spent most of the past week either on my sick bed or moping around, Anth had been preparing for a Garage Sale which was to be held this morning. She'd gotten together clothes, old toys, baby stuff, bits of the old pool filter system, computer bits and odds and sods of electrical equipment. Most of the stuff we were going to take to the tip, but there were some gems amongst all of that, particularly with the baby stuff.

So this morning, she got up and dawn's crack and headed to her friends house where the communal sale was going on. Their plan was to be there from 6:00am. They had done this before, and last time was quite successful. I minded the terrible trio, taking them to the shops for the weekly supermarket spend up. By the time I got home, Anth was back, and it was only 11:00am. Normally she would have been at it until well after lunch. She must have done well!
"So how much did you make?"
"Guess."
"$300? $400? $500???"
"You're dreaming aren't you."
"So how much did you make?"
"$19. I barely made enough to cover costs"

I'm not sure why today wasn't as successful as the past. I guess it is due to the lead up to Christmas and the many other markets on today. Also, the way Anth explained it, people who go to garage sales are looking for a bargain. I mean, if you're going to haggle over a buck for a piece of clothing, why bother. After this lack of success, I did have fun going and dropping off a load of unwanted stuff at the tip.

Ciao for Now, Garages Are For Cars Angry Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Garage sale season in these parts is from May to August precisely for this reason, I guess!!! Better luck next time and I'm glad you're feeling a bit better!

Carrie

1:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home