Friday, November 24, 2006

Why do they cry when she washes her feet?

This afternoon when I got home Anth was outside doing a cleanup of the back yard. All three boys were outside. Aidan was on a tri-cycle. Ethan was in the pool. Callum was "helping" by redistributing any swept up dirt and leaves back onto the path. I joined her, and together we finished things off, as well as clearing out some of the big palm fronds which fall from our palm trees at regular intervals.

After she finished, we all headed back inside. Then she disappeared. Callum also had disappeared. Ethan was watching TV. Aidan was in his room. I started cooking dinner. Still no Anth. Then I heard it. She called me into the bathroom to get Callum. There she was, feet firmly entrenched in a foot spa she had set up in the bath. Callum was trying to get into the bath for his own devious means. So I took him away.

For the next half an hour, whilst Anth soaked her feet, I had to put up with Callum lying on top of me, not quite going to sleep, crying. It went from soft sobs to full scale howling, all because he wasn't allowed to wash his feet with mum. I tried to run his back. I tried to rub his feet. It would settle him for about thirty seconds and then he started up again. Of course, once Anth came back out the little bugger dashed over to her, jumped into her arms, and was quiet for the rest of the evening.

Ciao for Now, I want to wash my feet and cry Angry Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home