Thursday, November 16, 2006

Clone Me

In the Simpson's Treehouse of Horror Episode XIII, Homer manages to clone himself by using a magic hammock. As much as I'd love this to be a blog post about hammocks, you'll have to go to the Hammock District to find out more about them. In the episode, in one of the stories Homer creates many clones of himself to help him with all the mundane jobs he has to do.

There are days when I'd love a magic hammock to clone myself. Not only could I get a nice kip in, I could send off the clones to do all the things I should do, but don't get around to. One could clean the pool, another could do the finances, another could go out for a run, whilst a fourth could cook dinner. Each of the kids could have one to look out for them. Anth could have two, one for back rubs and the other for foot massages.

Of course, just like Homer, this could come to a terrible end once the Angry Dad clones started to think for themselves. Or like in Multiplicity, the clones would end up with their own personalities. It would be just my luck that one of the foot massaging or back rubbing clones would actually be a sane, smart, nice Angry Dad, and then I'd be shunted out to oblivion. Then again, if they did like they did in the Simpsons to kill off all the Homer clones, I'd be the first one chasing the donuts over the cliff!

Ciao for Now, MMMmmm Cloned Donuts Angry Dad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I'd like at least one clone. But I'd dress her all homly looking and feed her a lot so she was fatter than me. That way I always look better.

12:19 am  
Blogger Steve D. said...

Glad to see that the Simpsons comedy transcends hemispheres. Keep up the good work! (For what it's worth, I considered you link-worthy.)

5:56 am  
Blogger Kelly Wolfe said...

I love the idea of a clone. And I love Jenn's method for the care and feeding of her. I definitely want to be the hotter of the two. Ha!

Some days you need a clone.

Lisa

11:45 am  
Blogger Pollyanna said...

LOVE that movie Multiplicity. SOOO funny. Have you seen "click" yet? It is on that same premise. Me thinks every grown up, especially a parent, wishes for a clone of themselves 9 days out of 10.

2:22 pm  
Blogger carrie said...

You gotta stop talking about donuts, I'm getting hungry. But wait, I could get my clone to eat all those donuts! Now, there's an idea! :)

Carrie

5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home